Sunday, May 9, 2010

Strawberry Daiquiri Cupcakes



So this is essentially the same recipe as my Pina Colada Cupcakes. This is the first time I used this recipe as cupcakes and I notices something. My first batch that I baked were sunken in, in the middle, my second batch we slightly better, and my third batch (of only 4) were perfectly "domed" cupcakes. This makes me think that since time has passed that in order to get nice "domed" cupcakes I should let them sit like one hour. I will see next time I make them what happens.

and the recipe!

2 1/4 cup cake flour*
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 sticks butter, very soft
1 (10 oz) Bacardi Strawberry Daiquiri Frozen Mix (you know the one in the can)
2 each eggs
1/3 cup milk
TT Vodka (optional)

1. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix for 30 seconds with mixer on low.
2. Add butter, and strawberry mix. Mix on medium until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes)
3. Add eggs in one at a time and then the milk just until combined. Let rest 1 hour (see not above)
4. Bake 25 to 30 minutes in a 350* oven. Let cool

I topped them with fresh sweetened whipped cream and half a strawberry. You need like 1 pint of whipped cream.
so just incase you never made whipped cream; start off mixing slowly and gradually raise the speed and sugar. You will need to mix it to stiff peak. When you stick your finger in and them pull it out it will look like a Troll Doll's hair, standing straight up.

and I also used cute little drink umbrellas :)

*for every 1/2 a cup of all purpose flour you can use 1 tsp of corn starch.

No comments:

Post a Comment