Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Caramel-Apple Cookies with Pecans



So I was looking for a caramel-apple cookie recipe with chunks of apples and caramels but could not find any, so what is a girl to do? Make one up! I found a basic recipe (I don't remember where anymore) and just adapted it.

ingredients
1 cup butter
2 cups packed brown sugar (I used light)
2 each eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
Cinnamon and nutmeg to taste (lol I just sprinkled it in)
1 tsp. baking soda
20 caramels, quartered (and don't forget to remove the plastic :p)
1 medium apple ( a heaping cup) finely diced
1 cup chopped pecans
OPTIONAL: 1 Tbsp liquid, in case you need to loosen the batter. I used milk.

directions
1. cream butter and sugar
2. add 1 egg at a time until incorporated, add vanilla
3. add dry ingredients
4. add caramels, apples, and pecans (you may need to do this by hand)

I lined my tray with parchment paper due to the fact that caramel melts and make a gooey-hot mess.

bake at 350ºF for 16 minutes.

ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. MmMmMmmmm i love Caramel apples. They look great!

    KareyEllen
    KareyEllenDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete